- This event has passed.
Aberdeen, UK Deepwater Drilling Course
17 Mar - 19 Mar
3 Day Deepwater Drilling Training Courses
Kuala Lumpur, MYS
Date: 21 – 23 Jul 20
* Required field
Date: 27 – 29 Oct 20
* Required field
Drilling in deepwater environments is challenging, increasingly complex, costly and introduces many additional risks. Don’t leave it to chance, make sure you and your team are trained to identify and mitigate these difficulties.
This course, delivered in partnership with Kingdom Drilling, is facilitated by industry experts and will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to plan and drill potentially high-risk wells by using case studies and real-life examples relevant to today’s deepwater drilling challenges.
Course Leader, Peter Aird C.Eng, C.MarEng, FI.MarEST, is an industry expert in drilling, well engineering and offshore field operations. He started his career as a Marine Engineer then transferred to the oil and gas industry and over 4 decades developed a wide-ranging oil-field drilling skill set serving in frontier, leading edge, Deepwater, and HPHT drilling projects. Author of Deepwater Drilling manual, Peter is passionate about knowledge sharing, and assuring as an industry that we translate and sustain the blame free cultural change.
Who Should Attend?
• All drilling professionals with an upcoming deepwater project
• Engineering, operations and geoscience personnel
• Senior rig crew and service personnel
What Will I Learn?
• Important differences between normal offshore and deepwater wells
• Skills required to identify key project hazards and risks
• Knowledge to mitigate the risks and prepare effective contingency plans
• Knowledge to adapt technologies best suited for your project
Day 1: Differences
• Definitions, drivers and challenges
• Geology and geoscience
• Pressure management
• Metocean environments
• Key drilling differences
Day 2: Well Planning
• Standards, rules and regulations
• Programs, safety and loss control
• Well planning and design
• Structural design
• Main well design
Day 3: Drilling Operations
• Transition to operations
• Riserless drilling principals
• Riserless drilling practices
• Intermediate wellbores & pressure detection
• Production wellbores and well control
Discounts are available for organisations booking three (3) or more delegates on the same course. If you have specific requirements, Merlin ERD has designed speciality courses specifically targeted at our client’s needs. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.