PUSHING THE LIMITS WITH CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT (AUSTRALIA)
Project: Multi-lateral infill drilling campaign
Challenges: Shallow TVD / narrow mud weight window, mud losses negatively impact production rates, limited weight available for running screens.
- Extensive optimization engineering efforts to ensure feasibility
- Pre-spud training sessions to increase awareness of ERD practices and drilling risks
- Real-time data collection and calibration of T&D and hydraulics models to validate engineering and avoid surprises during operations.
- Experienced ERD Advisors to provide on-the-job mentoring and to address any remaining knowledge gaps within the rig teams.
- Accurate data allowed the Operator to confidently extend lateral lengths by more than 130% and access new reserves.
- Further extensions of lateral length are now planned based on the results to date.
- Sand screen completions run to depth in all wellbores without any requirement for rotation.